The Organic Cost-Share Program is now available for 2019!
OEFFA is pleased to administer the cost share reimbursement program for the benefit of all of Ohio’s certified producers and handlers. Cost Share reimbursement is also available through your county FSA office.
The National Organic Certification Cost Share Program (NOCCSP) reimburses certification fees for both producers and handler/processors. Reimbursement is limited to 75% of certification costs, up to a maximum of $750 per certificate or category (scope) of certification, per year. Four categories of certification are eligible for reimbursement under the NOCCSP: crops, wild crops, livestock, and handler.
Allowable and Unallowable Certification Costs
Producers and handlers who incur annual costs to begin or renew their organic certification during the period October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019 are currently eligible to receive reimbursement. For applicants in Ohio submitting their application to OEFFA: applications must be postmarked by OCTOBER 31, 2019. (NOTE THE EARLIER DEADLINE FOR 2019)
- Application fees
- Inspection costs
- First-time USDA NOP certification fees
- Travel costs / per diem for organic inspectors
- User fees / sales assessments
- Late fees
- Inspections due to violations of NOP regulations
- Any charges related to certifications other than USDA organic
- Transitional certifications
- Materials and supplies
How To Apply
For all producers or handlers: once you have received your certificate, all of the following must be submitted:
- Completed Organic Certification Cost Share Reimbursement Application Form [includes Payee Data Record in lieu of IRS W-9 tax form]
- Copy of your Certification of Organic Operation
- Copy of invoice(s) showing the fees you paid for certification between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019 for certification expenses eligible for reimbursement (see above). Invoices must be marked paid by the certifying agent and a zero (0) balance due.
State of Ohio
Please download the application with instructions to apply:
- Organic Certification Cost-Share Program for Ohio (print ready version)